|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
ased in Ho Chi Minh City office (residential role) , start date June 2017 - end date December 2018.
Responsible for geological operations during tendering, preparation and execution of the drilling campaign, including the preparation of tenders, bid evaluation, well planning, well execution and post well analyses.
The Operations Geologist will be reporting to the Chief Geologist and is responsible for the following:
* Provide input to the formation evaluation program and the geological services justification for drilling campaign;
* Provide input to the tender preparation, and in the evaluation and recommendation for the award for geological services;
* Provide geological input in the well planning phase and during the execution of the well program, and contribute to the planning work undertaken by Drilling team;
* Assure a high quality of geological services provided during preparation and execution of a drilling campaign, and ensure best practices are upheld during all aspects of the well operation and subsequent reporting;
* Supervise the operations geology procedures during the well drilling and completion phase to ensure that the well meets planned specifications
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* International experience is a must.
* B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Geosciences.
* Minimum 15 years' experience in the oil and gas industry, and experienced with major operators in an offshore environment.
* Possesses a strong focus on operations geology, including services tendering, well planning, well plan execution, post-drill analysis and in documentation of the well results from an operations perspective.
* Experience working with HPHT wells is an advantage
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.