|Location||Fort Worth, United States|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Independent oil and gas company involved in exploration, production, and acquisition of unconventional oil and gas reserves seeks an Operations Geologist to join their team. Company offers excellent benefits package.
- Geo-Steer horizontal well paths on a multi-rig program, make real-time decisions on target changes.
- Ability to assess viability of recommendations/interpretations from contract Geo-Steerers and mudloggers.
- Work closely with drilling engineers and land department to ensure that all well objectives are met on time and within budget.
- Preparation of geologic prognosis and planning proposed wellbore paths.
- Coordinate and direct geological projects and contractors.
- Subsurface interpretation, generating maps and cross sections.
- Use of seismic for well planning, fault avoidance and identification of geologic hazards.
- Show proactive participation in optimizing field development, workflows and processes.
- Actively share knowledge with colleagues.
- Master of Science Degree in Geology.
- 5+ years geologic operations experience.
- Horizontal Geo-Steering experience required.
- Experience with mapping petrophysical and reservoir parameters.
- Experience with geoscience interpretation software, SMT Kingdom EarthPak, 2d/3d Pak.
- Highly motivated, effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to present work and ideas to management.
- Some travel/wellsite work required.