|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
The Operations Geologist role is located in Denver, CO working with the DJ Basin Execution team. Anadarko is seeking an Operations Geologist who will be responsible for interpreting seismic volumes and geo-steering wells in a 24/7 operation for one or multiple horizontal drilling rigs.
- A solid understanding of structural geology and geologic support of drilling operations
- Ability to work flexible hours and cover 24/7 horizontal geo-steering operations, including holidays
- Previous geo-steering experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in geologic software and geo-steering applications (ideally Decision Space and SES), as well as the core functions of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- The ability to review and quickly assimilate various pieces of data to understand a big picture, while still paying close attention to details
- A high level of dependability, dedication, initiative, energy, creativity, interpersonal skills, adaptability, and an ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with geologic/geophysical mapping and interpretation strongly preferred.
- Interpret 3D seismic and incorporate findings with other reservoir drivers and requirements from development, exploration and drilling teams to ensure successful execution of horizontal wells.
- Geo-steer horizontal wells in a 24/7 operation with possibility of multiple active drilling rigs
- Provide geophysical interpretations to development geologists for more efficient and effective well planning
- Develop and improve geoscience workflows for better technical results and efficient data transfer between teams and disciplines
- Assist in development and enforcement of relevant data quality standards
- QC and interpret mudlog, LWD, and directional survey data from the field
- Assist in the standardization and oversight of geo-steering operations, mudlogging, wireline logging, and general wellsite geology
- Effectively communicate and build strong working relationships with geologists/geophysicists in asset team, drilling personnel, MWD and directional crews, land teams, etc.
- Collaborate with other assets to share knowledge and provide horizontal operations support
- Periodic travel to field sites. Must comply with company vehicle policy.
A minimum of 2 years of experience with a BA/BS Degree in geoscience or related area of study.
Or 5 years of working experience in related field.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-20%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule. Must be flexible when business needs dictate while covering 24-hour operations.
This position covers 24-hour operations and must be available for 24/7 on call.