|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
The Operations Geologist role is located in Midland, Texas working with the Delaware Basin Execution team. Anadarko is seeking an Operations Geologist who will serve as a geo-technical advisor, service coordinator, and regional point of contact for service providers, asset teams, technology, and drilling groups to ensure interdisciplinary communication to improve reservoir characterization and field development efforts.
- Experience providing technical guidance, analysis, interpretation and documentation of all aspects of geologic operations to achieve drilling and evaluation goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Experience utilizing Geoscience Interpretation and Geo-steering Software, including, but not limited to: DecisionSpace, Petra or SES is highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Unconventional shale experience.
- Operations and mapping experience preferred.
- Utilize log data to build and maintain operational maps (structure, Isopach, etc) and cross-sections used to identify geo-hazards, anticipate formation tops, select casing points, and generate target lines.
- Generate and finalization of Geologic Prognoses for horizontal wells including defined logging programs, estimated formation tops, and an initial target line.
- Facilitate pre-spud meetings using maps and cross-sections built to discuss geo-hazards, casing points, logging program, coring points and horizontal target lines.
- Coordinate and rig-site management of mud logging, LWD, wireline logging, coring or any other non-standard formation evaluation based services.Includes trips to the field in order to be on-location for non-standard operations.
- 24/7 Geosteering and operations coverage – Interprets and integrates near real-time MWD and surveys data with geologic models to provided Geosteering guidance to the drilling team (including field personnel) and subsurface team.
- Provide functional guidance and management to Contracted Geosteerers.
- Communicate Geosteering interpretations and changes to the greater team and rig personnel to insure optimal wellbore placement.
- Creation, dissemination, and archival of well TD reports.
- Quality control of all MWD, LWD and wireline data to ensure data validity and appropriate archival.
- Coordinate with all subgroups critical to well operations (including but not limited to: Drilling, Subsurface Team, Land, etc.)
- Operational oriented tasks that require geological input and assistance.
- Apply geoscientific and technical knowledge and experience to address operational challenges and geotechnical concerns.
A minimum of 2 years of experience with a BA/BS Degree in geoscience or related area of study.
Or 5 years of working experience in related field.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.