|Location||Bakersfield, United States|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Come join California Resources Corporation (CRC) – California’s largest natural gas producer and largest oil and gas producer on a gross-operated barrels of oil equivalent basis. CRC is headquartered in California with major operations in the state’s high-potential oil and gas basins, including Los Angeles, San Joaquin, Ventura and Sacramento. CRC’s workforce is committed to providing energy for California by Californians, safely and responsibly.
We are currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and creative individual to fill the position of Operations Geologist within our North Operations Asset Development Team based in Bakersfield
Fields and recovery methods include shallow thermal projects, waterfloods, and deep high pressure/temperature primary development in unconventional and conventional reservoirs.
Essential Job Duties:
Duties are, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate daily companywide operations reports, and to continually update operations geology job boards.
- Coordinate open hole logging jobs with service companies and directly supervise open hole logging well-site operations.
- Support drilling, exploration, and reservoir management team personnel to ensure maximum efficiency of all geological services as well as make crucial decisions regarding these services during drilling operations.
- Maintain service quality records including lost time summary, formation testing and intermediate logging costs.
- Track and generate monthly, quarterly and yearly open hole logging and formation testing reports.
- Mentor and train operations geology trainees that are on assignment in the group.
- Assist in the development of QC procedures for well-site operations, and train personnel on these procedures.
- Work with drilling and petrophysics group to generate pre-drill pore pressure predictions
- Coordinate mud logging services
- Assist asset and exploration teams with core analysis plans
- Assist in the coordination of LWD services
- B.S. Geology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Working experience or knowledge of electric logs and understanding of mud logs.
- Knowledge of basic drilling operations and practices.
- Prior experience in formation testing.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in an integrated multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Must have a valid Driver's license and clean DMV record
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Open Wells and/or My Wells
- Working knowledge of directional drilling, MWD and LWD.
- Petrophysical log analysis experience.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with, coring operations.
- United States-California-Bakersfield