|Date Posted||February 14, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Operations EngineerABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Gulfport Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with its principal properties located in the Utica Shale and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
Gulfport Energy's core management and technical teams are comprised of proven oil and gas professionals, with experience and expertise in multiple regions including salt dome structures of the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the Utica Shale Basin in Ohio. An entrepreneurial spirit resonates from the executive management team throughout the organization. We seek to leverage recent technological advancements in the oil and gas industry to fully exploit our principal producing acreages in each of our geographic regions while balancing the portfolio with a collection of long-term value opportunities that provide high-impact upside potential. OPEN DATE 2/13/2017 CLOSE DATE LOCATION Lafeyette - Loiuisiana CATEGORY Operations Engineering POSITION Operations Engineer FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Exempt SHIFT Days DESCRIPTION JOB SUMMARY:
The Operations Engineer utilizes their petro-physical knowledge to ensure that all oil and natural gas operations are conducted accurately and efficiently, while complying with laws and environmental standards. This person will be based primarily in Lafayette, LA but will travel to other field offices and wellsite locations as needed. Wellsite locations may be on the water, barges and/or on land. This role is a team leader who often works with other engineers, production personnel, contractors, and various GPOR personnel.
- Responsible for writing, executing/supervising and directing the on-site consultants for non-rig completions procedures
- Review and propose up hole recompletions in WCBB and Hackberry
- Estimate recoverable reserves for all reservoirs
- Prepare proposals and update well bore diagrams
- Observe real-time execution remotely or during visits to the field
- Perform technical services and drafting to comply with ecological, environmental, or safety laws or standards recommended or required by a regulatory authority
- Prepare and present the short term production forecast for existing and new wells
- Monitor production data and develop workover procedures when potential uplift is likely
- Prepare cost estimates and assist with scheduling monthly workover and recompletion activities
- Assist in scheduling maintenance of facilities including gas/oil separators, storage and pumping systems, collection manifolds, flow lines, and pumping systems
- Work with multidisciplinary team to promote continual performance optimization
- Prepare and assist in coding contractor receipts; coordinate with accounting as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- High level of understanding of crude oil and natural gas production sites, injection wells, maintenance programs, completions programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of organization
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tolerance for a high volume of time sensitive transactions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Team player with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within Gulfport and with outside contractors and vendors
- Ability to use a computer, laptop computer, iPad, and iPhone
- Understanding of oil and gas finance in relation to reserves and economics
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8 years in Production Engineering in oil and gas industry
- Rig drilling and completions experience a plus
- Experience with electric lines, coiled tubing, rig work and oil and land logistics a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Intermediate database experience
- Experience with ARIES a plus
- The ability to use a computer or phone for extended periods of time
- Basic use of office equipment such as copier and fax machines
- Ability to lift 10 pounds occasionally
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time, outdoors, in varying weather conditions on non-uniform ground surfaces
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, iPads and iPhones. This job also operates in a field environment with equipment, dust, debris, and varying weather conditions.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time salary exempt position. Days and hours of work can vary due to workload/needs of the company. Must be available to work outside of normal business hours. Evenings and weekends are required as needed.
Both local and out of town travel are expected for this position. Ability to travel to Corporate Headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK two to three times a month is required.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. Gulfport Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Gulfport also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, except where such an accommodation would cause an undue hardship. EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected class of individuals.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.