|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||November 15, 2017|
The Operations Geologist is responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring all well/rig operation activities (management of geological and well data) and smooth operation of well site operations, thus contributing to the overall business plan.
- Aid senior project staff with geologic prospecting
- Plan horizontal well pads
- Create drilling prognoses for horizontal wells
- Database management and mapping using GeoGraphix or Petra
- Monitor production of horizontal wells
- GeoSteering of horizontal wells
- Monitor mud loggers and MWD loggers
- Monitor pilot hole logging operations
- Maintain communications with directional drilling team and the project geology team
- Monitor drilling and completions of horizontal wells
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven team player
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer-based geoscience applications
- Working knowledge in petrophysical applications with the ability to mine large data sets
- Ability to work in GeoGraphix or PETRA and MS Office.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or related Geoscience from an accredited University of College
- Master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of recent geosteering experience
- Recent experience with an active exploration and production company preferred
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test.