|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Premier Acquisition & Divestiture (A&D) firm seeks a take-charge Reservoir Engineering Technician who can work independently and with staff engineers to contribute to the success of the firm. This individual must have a strong desire to work in investment banking.
- Responsible for technical data retrieval and record keeping, data organization and processing, reports and graphics, technical data analysis, reserve calculations, and economic evaluations.
- Create applications to facilitate reservoir modeling and budget planning.
- Create graphs, maps, spreadsheets and economic projections.
- Run performance management and lookbacks on risk/reserve analysis files and prepare for management review.
- Assist with the construction of presentations, pitch books and exhibits.
- Must be able to create working reserves/economic databases from “the ground up” pulling production from various state websites, DrillingInfo/HPDI, IHS or Lasser.
- Must be proficient in ARIES with high degree of understanding of ARIES coding, debugging, stream arithmetic and MS Access/Excel interfacing.
- Experience performing decline curve analysis a must.
- Ability to build type curves from investor presentations or from raw public production data highly desired.
- Must understand the fundamentals of cash flow with ability to derive operating cash flow, rate of return, discounted cash flow and other related investment metrics.
- Must have commercial analysis aptitude and ability to construct and derive price differentials, shrinkage, fixed/variable LOE parameters from client financial or P&L statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math or science related field preferred.
- Must have current experience as Engineering Technician/Analyst.
- Prior experience in Energy Investment Banking or A&D experience with an active E&P company.
- Other industry software packages (i.e. Spotfire, ValNav, PEEP, OGRE, PowerTools) a plus.
- Proficiency with database conversions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Houston, TX
- Reservoir Engineering Tech: 3 years
- Current Engineering Tech with ARIES: 3 years