|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||May 31, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Established successful E&P is looking for a Reservoir Engineer skilled in domestic oil and gas exploitation to join its Dallas, Texas team. The primary responsibilities of this position are creating value by identifying/quantifying development opportunities that will be implemented in cooperation with the company’s operations groups, and working with those groups to manage/optimize base production.
- Perform field studies to identify opportunities for increasing production and adding reserves through workovers, development drilling, and improved recovery projects.
- Generate production forecasts and estimate associated reserves to quantify present value and justify project economics.
- Perform detailed design and reservoir engineering calculations to facilitate project implementation.
- Develop reservoir management plans and assist with surveillance/monitoring.
- Consult with internal staff on technical matters.
- Assist with annual budgeting and reserves auditing process.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering or closely-related Engineering science.
- 3 to 8 years of petroleum engineering experience in conventional oil and gas fields; waterflooding and/or CO2 flooding experience preferred; experience in Wyoming is a plus.
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality work with minimal supervision.
- Solid grasp of reservoir engineering fundamentals, including but not limited to: material balance, decline curve analysis, pressure transient analysis, and displacement calculations.
- Ability to work closely with Geologists, Operations Engineers, and field staff to successfully bring projects from a concept phase through implementation and production.
- Proficiency in engineering and economic software packages; familiarity with the following specific software is a plus: ARIES, OFM, Petra, Kingdom, Interactive Petrophysics, IHS Enerdeq, DrillingInfo, Perform, Fekete Harmony (RTA, DeclinePlus), and WellTest.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
If you are interested and possess the qualifications, please forward your resume immediately. Your information is CONFIDENTIAL. We will not forward it to anyone before discussing it with you. We will get your information in front of the hiring managers ASAP!