|Date Posted||August 6, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The JV Reservoir Engineer is responsible for the reservoir engineering of interest in the operated South Texas properties in the Eagle Ford. Primary responsibilities include evaluations of reserves/resources, well performance, capital performance, and economic assessments.
- Assess performance of the non-operated Eagle Ford oil and gas properties in the JV through Aries production forecasting.
- Assess performance and economic viability of other shallower/deeper formations.
- Assist in the assessment of existing and future field development/projects through studies, partner meetings, and internal knowledge sharing with operated Eagle Ford group.
- Provide technical input into the budget process, through production and reserve forecasting.
- Evaluate the economic performance of the capital program and understand projects to support maximizing the value of the asset.
- Coordinate with internal reserves and budgeting groups for volume forecasting, capital and operating expense accruals, and monthly new well reserve estimates.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as the engineering lead and ensure key project benchmarks and budget plans are met through partner meetings.
- Lead the reserve report preparation and resource model assessment for the JV assets.
- Provide type curve and performance information as needed.
- Transfer technical advancements across company, when possible.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Geologic Engineering, is required.
- Between 8-16 years of experience in the E&P Business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of engineering economic evaluations including competency with Aries or other economic software programs.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques, and material balance assessments.
- Experience with a variety of reservoir types, depletion scenarios, and development scenarios.
- Experience and understanding of completion drivers for horizontal wells.
- An operations background with working in a multi-disciplinary team is a plus.
- Experience with conventional oil and gas reservoirs and unconventional resource plays. Exposure to horizontal drilling, hydraulic fracturing, and multi-basin experience is a plus.
- Able to operate independently and professionally represent company in technical/operational settings with Operator and partners.
- Ability to understand the entire life-cycle of the producing asset and economics of proposed drilling/projects, including midstream investments and economic drivers.
- Experience with phase behavior, specifically gas condensate/volatile oil reservoirs and associated operations is desirable.
- Experience with reservoir simulation, rate modeling, and/or rate transient analysis is a plus.
- Strong influencing skills to enhance relationships and achieve objectives with Operator and partners.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
- Ability to manage significant information flow in terms of AFEs, well data, forecasts, etc. through dedicated team and functional support.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to evaluate other operator data in Eagle Ford and other resource plays to determine application to reservoir/acreage position.
- Ability to actively transfer knowledge gained to colleagues and management.
- Excellent communication skills including: written, verbal and formal presentation.
- Experience with industry/company software including: Risk Analysis Software (Crystal Ball, @ Risk), OFM, AFEN, Wellview, Fekete, Perform, Spotfire,& Data Cube training is a plus.
- Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office.
- Driven, enthusiastic, and passionate.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail oriented.