|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client’s culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Under general supervision, the Senior Reservoir Engineer calculates reserves by volumetric, performance analysis, analogy and material balance methods. Performs work to a technical standard consistent with professional engineering practices and in conformance with governmental guidelines and Company policies. Applies technical analysis to evaluate well, reservoir and field performance using technical skills to resolve problems and identify potential to add reserves and value to the Company’s operations. Also responsible for economic evaluations, production forecasts, assisting with acquisition evaluations and other related duties as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Create and utilize surveillance methods to track and analyze well performance
2. Provide well performance forecasts using best practices methodologies appropriate for the reservoir at hand and incorporating fluid property PVT data and reservoir properties
3. Work with geoscience professions to tie well performance to key reservoir characteristics and create basin-wide understanding of trends in production potential
4. Provide expertise in rate transient analysis and reservoir simulation to characterize hydraulic fracture treatment efficacy and optimal well spacing vertically and laterally
5. Assist production engineers with analysis of well performance issues
6. Commission and coordinate fluid property studies to delineate reservoir compartmentalization
7. Provide flow assurance support through analysis of in situ multi-phase fluid behavior, water scaling tendency, and paraffin and hydrate formation potential
8. Provide estimates of company reserves and schedules of future expenses for producing, exploration, and exploitation projects.
9. Create type wells for booking of non-producing reserves and for economic analyses of drilling programs
10. Assess economic merit and technical feasibility of alternative development schemes including horizontal well spacing optimization
11. Provide reservoir engineering support to acquisition and divestiture efforts
12. Create production budgets and assist in construction of lease operating expense (LOE) models
13. Regular and punctual attendance
JOB SPECIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Land and lease rights, property and severance taxes, operating expense budgets, well completions methods, and geological concepts related to unconventional reservoirs.
• Production engineering concepts of inflow performance, artificial lift and nodal analysis.
• Hydraulic fracturing of unconventional reservoirs
• Reserves categorization and estimation methods.
• Production characteristics of unconventional reservoirs, the Permian Basin in particular.
• Well transient analysis.
• Log and routine and special core analysis.
• Basic and intermediate proficiency using industry software such as ARIES, OFM, Wellview, Harmony, Eclipse or equivalent.
• Production decline models (Arps and its variants) as applied to unconventional reservoirs.
• Type well forecasting techniques.
• Standard well production surveillance methods.
• Horizontal well interference and pattern spacing concepts.
• Reservoir engineering techniques and applications (material balance, reservoir drive mechanisms.)
• Reservoir fluid properties and their effects on production.
• Project economic analysis including probabilistic methods.
Skills and Abilities
• Organize, prioritize and make decisions under time restrictions.
• Work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-directed and detail-oriented.
• Travel required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• BS in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years working in the above disciplines with specific experience in the Permian Basin