|Date Posted||May 2, 2017|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Fugro is a market leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources across the globe.
The Processing and Reporting Department of Fugro Survey B.V. is responsible for the processing, interpretation, reporting and QC of the field data acquired during offshore operations. Typical projects include pipeline inspections, site and route surveys and magnetic clearance (UXO). We also support other departments with geological background information. Due to growth we want to strengthen our department in Nootdorp (The Netherlands) with an
Roles And Responsibilities
- Being responsible for interpretation of geophysical data (side scan sonar data, single and multichannel seismic data, magnetometer data);
- Writing geological reports and completing set tasks reliably and co-operatively;
- Maintaining appropriate quality standards even when under pressure;
- Adhering to company QA/HSE standards at all times, and demonstrate thorough awareness of and compliance with the QA/HSE system and its requirements.
The successful candidate has a keen interest in the fields of Marine Geology and Geophysics. The candidate is a team player who can work on own initiative with the ability to communicate effectively with the many nationalities that make up the Processing & Reporting Department. An out-going nature to interact frequently and repeatedly with colleagues regarding project details. Flexibility is necessary and appreciated. The candidate will be analytical and accurate with strong writing abilities.
This position is focused on working mainly in the Nootdorp office. Nevertheless, offshore assignments lasting several weeks (up to four consecutive weeks and for a maximum of 60 days per year) may also be required each year.
This position requires:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Geophysics, Geology or related subject;
- Knowledge of company specific acquisition, processing and reporting software (e.g. SonarWiz, Oasis Montaj, IHS Kingdom);
- Conversant with acoustic equipment;
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and in writing);
- The ability to adapt quickly to new software packages;
- Be a team player and have solid computer skills;
- Dutch residency or EU citizen willing to relocate.
Fugro offers a dynamic and informal working atmosphere in a well-established company. The position provides a large degree of independence, opportunity for personal growth, international travel and career development in a multinational company. We offer excellent employment conditions such as: good pension, travel expenses, collective medical insurance, fitness arrangement and offshore allowance.