|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2017|
Successful explorationist with a specialty in geology, working part of an integrated team to technically evaluate and validate the geological aspects of prospects that make up or are candidates to be incorporated to the Exploration portfolio, and/or via Acquisitions to the Development and Production portfolio. Provide technical expertise, advice and guidance to ensure optimized results of the Exploration New Ventures and M&A; processes. Possess proven competencies and will be responsible for handling complex geological and geophysical assignments and generate high-quality results with minimal direct supervision.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Geological wireline log interpretation.
- Evaluate petroleum system elements.
- Prospect maturation.
- Basin and play analysis.
- Structural geology analysis.
- Resource classification.
- Assess and validate the technical quality of the National (Colombian), International and new business prospects, through the application of geological concepts to ensure technical quality.
- Propose new plays and prospects in existing and future exploration assets.
- Assess risk and endorse prospective resource estimates to support the economic evaluation of the prospects.
- Review technical prospects and generate recommendations to reduce the risk and G&G; uncertainties.
- Identify and incorporate best practices and technologies in the exploratory process in order to optimize efforts in the exploration of new resources.
- To provide specialized technical assistance in the planning and drilling of prospects.
- To endorse specifications in procurement of required technical information in their specialty and specialized consultants.
- To transfer knowledge and expertise to National (Colombia) and International G & G teams.
- To lead and consolidate improved methods of exploration processes resulting from the work developed by the International New Ventures Exploration team.
- To evaluate field development projects and producing fields that may be acquired, including primary development, IOR and EOR schemes, and reserve classification.
- Ability to integrate work output from subsurface disciplines including geology, geophysics, petrophysics and reservoir engineering.
- Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.; either U.S. citizen or permanent resident (possess Green Card).
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Geology from an internationally-recognized university.
- NV Geologist should have over 10 years’ experience in worldwide HC exploration and/or production with large multi-national or medium / large independent exploration company.
- Extensive experience in geological wireline log interpretation
- Expertise integrating rock properties / petrophysical data into exploration and development projects.
- Full expertise in the exploration cycle.
- Extensive knowledge of petroleum systems.
Language Ability :
- Spanish language skills desirable.
Computer Skills :
- Experienced Windows and Linux user
Overall Experience Requirement :
- Deep water experience, including complex and pre-salt systems
- Log / petrophysical analysis
- Experience in Extensional, Compressional, and Transpressional systems
- 3-D seismic interpretation workstation skills (Landmark software: +)
- Experience in fully integrating geological data into seismic interpretations.
- Industry acknowledged reputation (published)
- Extensive experience in technical problem solving
- Business Ethics - Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Commitment to Life- Acting to ensure a healthy, safe, and clean environment in daily activities, putting the integrity of the people, the environment, and the community as a priority value. It involves identifying and assessing risks in advance and implementing actions necessary to eliminate, control, or reduce them.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Passion for Excellence - Working through processes, with operational discipline, giving the best of oneself to achieve outstanding results, continuously improving and innovating.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
- Team Spirit - Working with others towards achieving the goals of Ecopetrol America. Keeping the commitments agreed upon, actively participating, and proactively sharing knowledge and information to learn and grow as a team; shaping and promoting synergistic work between the different areas as part of the culture of Ecopetrol America.
Ecopetrol America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Ecopetrol America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it has facilities. This Equal Opportunity Employer policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- worldwide HC exploration and/or production with large multi-national or medium / large independent exploration company.: 10 years