|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Premier Oilfield Labs is seeking a Log Analyst/Petrophysicist to perform day-to-day needs in our integrated service offering.
This position is responsible for petrophysical evaluation of domestic and international projects focused on both conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
The role requires continuous liaison with customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Provide petrophysical evaluation, guidance and support for global exploration and development projects.
· Work across functional teams sharing best practices knowledge of evaluation processes.
· Demonstrate understanding and proven track record in conventional and unconventional petrophysical analytical techniques.
· Provide guidance and expert advice in advanced core analysis.
· Work closely with geologists, geochemists, geomechanics, geomodelers and geophysicists.
· Execute and guide field-level petrophysical analysis, workflows and techniques.
· Ensure timely and quality delivery of project work.
· Frequently involved in customer engagements and regularly contributes to business development activities.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
· BSc degree or higher in a Geoscience or Engineering discipline.
· 10 or more years of Petrophysical industry experience.
· Service Company back ground with proven ability to generate approx. 20 well interpretations per month
· Knowledge of major Petrophysical software packages applied in the industry for well and reservoir interpretation.
· Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques working with both clastic and carbonate reservoir systems.
· Experience in evaluation of unconventional reservoir rocks is a must.
· Relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation (open hole, different lithologies and diagenesis, and fractures detection from logs)..
· Knowledgeable in petrophysical and geological analysis with a focus on core log data integration.
· Must be willing to work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists.
· Experience with popular petrophysical software packages (e.g. Powerlog, IP).
· Image log processing and interpretation skills desirable.
· Strong rock mechanics background.