|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
- ROLE PURPOSE
Provides hands on reservoir engineering activities within Mubadala Petroleum assets and/or new business opportunities to ensure proper implementation of development plans designed to optimize or improve ultimate recovery. Includes initiating and guiding in Improved/Enhanced Hydrocarbon Recovery pilot programs, reservoir monitoring, and field development studies to determine medium and long-term implications of different depletion options.
Defines and implements quality control and quality assurance standards for all reservoir engineering activities within Subsurface team. Recommending major / new development / recovery projects and advising management as to the optimum exploitation plans or development strategies.
Must work in an integrated team, maintaining open and effective communication, and is required to have a working knowledge and strategic overview of Improved Recovery projects from screening to implementation stage. Candidate should demonstrate critical thinking abilities with an eagerness to deliver tasks in a timely and proactive manner.
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Monitor compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of engineering activity to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Appraisal & Prospect Evaluation
- Support Exploration prospect evaluations jointly with the team and provide direction on Appraisal activities within the Business Unit.
- Build appropriate fit-for-purpose predictive models i.e., Analytical, GAP, dynamic models, of the MP discoveries.
Define appraisal strategy and Establish clear post well work programmes that will help to reduce the inherent subsurface risk and uncertainties being carried by the project.
- Projects Screening & Pilot Designs
- Carry out screening studies to evaluate IOR/EOR options considering reservoir conditions, and commercial and technical feasibility.
- Recommend and advise management as to the optimum EOR/IOR option or pilot design based on Techno-economic analysis
- Support MP to identify potential investment / farm-in opportunities utilizing commercial IOR/EOR technologies
- Field Depletion / Development Plans
- Carry out the investigation of problems related to reservoirs exploitation and recommend suitable solutions. Include the use of new tools, logging techniques, studies, etc.
- Initiate short and long-term reservoir depletion strategies based on optimized reservoir studies/ management plans
- Estimate ranges of economic and ultimate recovery factors to rank development options.
- Assess risks and uncertainties and propose mitigation plans.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of development plans covering recovery method, injection fluids, location and number of wells, production, injection targets, etc.
- Reservoir Performance Analysis, Enhancement & Production Operations
- Review and assess drilling/work-over, well performance, well type and well numbers. This to include an assessment and comparison of the liquid and gas performance to allow the optimisation of condensate recovery.
- Keep abreast of technological development in the field of improved HC recovery
- Draw on the experience of other major oil/gas companies to ensure application of latest reservoir management technology
- Evaluate / recommend trials of new technologies.
- Participate in the training and development of assigned less experienced or national reservoir engineers. Include monitoring and reporting on progress and counselling employees, as required.
- Define and implement quality control and quality assurance standards for all reservoir engineering activities within Subsurface team.
- Liaise with other disciplines/teams within and/or outside Subsurface team to coordinate work programs and changes required to meet the company objectives
- Represent MP at Partner meetings and with the regulator as a Technical Expert in the field of Reservoir Engineering and / or IOR/EOR.
- Direct / facilitate technical workshops.
- Communication Skills
- Make clear and concise presentations to communicate ideas and persuade others to accept a specific opinion or action
- Write technical reports to document the screening study results, field development plans, technical evaluation results, etc.
- Listen actively to others and respond appropriately to improve mutual understanding
- Influence the decision making through effective and coherent communication and solid technical work
- Budgets and Business Planning
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Participate in forecasting the Team’s and MP Business Unit’s business plans.
- General review of contracts financial terms
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering. A Master’ s degree is an added advantage
Experience in leading the reservoir assessment for large-scale brown and green field developments
Minimum 15 years of experience in reservoir engineering of which at least 5 years in reservoir simulation and performance prediction and evaluation would be required.
Experience in numerical simulation, preferably Eclipse
Experience in working on Russian fields.
Strong technical skills with the ability to assess and apply the appropriate level of technical evaluation for
projects, good communication and presentation skills, good interpersonal and Team working skills.
- COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Subsurface team members, Exploration, Commercial, Drilling, Surface Facilities and Operations teams. MP leaders and other BU’s.
JV Partners, regulators, third party service providers, contractors, laboratory, consultants, university institutions.
Analytical, Critical and Conceptual Thinking, Business Acumen, Organisation Awareness, Team work and problem solving.