|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Lead Reservoir Engineer
I am presently looking to fill a position for Lead Reservoir Engineer on behalf of an oil and gas Operator who are based in Kuala Lumpur. The successful candidate must have Malay basin experience, the more the better. The position requirements are indicated below:
• Understand Field performance;
• Undertake analysis of PVT and SCAL data;
• Perform well test analyses;
• Construct and maintain both well & simulation models;
• Work with other subsurface staff on the construction and maintenance of material balance and
reservoir simulation models, and in the estimation of remaining hydrocarbon resource potential and
perform related risk assessments;
• Generate field short term production forecasts, Life of Field forecasts and provide input to the end of
year reserves process;
• Provide input to the identification, justification, planning and review of drilling opportunities;
• Work with subsurface and drilling personnel to mature well locations to drill ready status, ensuring
the highest quality drilling program is prepared;
• Take an active role in reservoir and management strategy development;
• Present to management and joint venture partners;
• Participate in peer assists and peer reviews and seek input from others to ensure technical high
quality is achieved in evaluations.
• With increasing experience and seniority the successful applicant will, in addition to the above:
• Plan and lead projects and lead the supervision of outside contractors;
• Represent the company at technical meetings;
• Act as mentor to more junior team members.
• Ability to work with individuals from a varied background in a multi-cultural environment.
• Presents themselves in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the values.
• Maintain a safe working environment, complying with and promoting the Company’s HSE&A policy
• Works collaboratively within a team environment and takes initiative to get things done
• Ability to communicate effectively in a respectful manner, both verbally and in writing.
• A motivated self-starter, proactive, flexible and able to respond positively to challenge and ad-hoc
• Ability to contribute to the team, but equally work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to
• Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable work experience within Reservoir Engineering, acquired in a variety of Malaysian fields,
preferably with an Operator.
• Significant work experience with industry standard modelling packages (preferably Petrel RE,
Eclipse100, PETEX suite, Kappa well testing software)
• Production engineering knowledge.
• Malaysian experience, some of which would preferably have been gained with an Operator.
• Working knowledge of petroleum geology, geophysics and petrophysics would be beneficial, as the
position involves work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Degree Qualified in Reservoir or Petroleum Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 15 years relevant reservoir engineering work experience.
• Able to demonstrate continuing professional and personal development.
If you are interested and suitable then please send your cv through to Rob Byrom. Suitable candidates will be contacted.