|Date Posted||December 1, 2015|
Business Unit Team
Government Secondees External
External Contractors & Service Providers Supervises: N/A Job Purpose: · Optimise and maintain the subsurface development plan for Jubilee field, MTA or TEN fields, including in well locations and schedule
· Support development drilling activity. Define and oversee the data gathering programs from development drilling. Adapt the development plan in light of drilling results.
· Monitor, analyse and optimise well and reservoir performance
· Coordinate and carry out reservoir engineering analytical studies and assessments, and data acquisition programmes.
· Provide ranges on production forecasting and reserve assessments.
· Train and mentor graduate trainees and GNPC / PC secondees.
· Support Exploration activities as required. Responsibilities / Key Objectives: · Be responsible for all reservoir engineering activity for the Jubilee, MTA or TEN developments.
· Represent Tullow in Government and Partners meetings on all reservoir engineering topics
· Initiate and drive data acquisition programs, including DST planning & execution; fluid sampling & PVT studies; special core analysis; wireline formation testing; etc. Design, tender and conduct laboratory studies with outside contractors as required
· Be responsible for subsurface reservoir analytical and simulation studies and the provision of production profiles and reserves assessment data, in conjunction with other team members. Includes building / running reservoir simulation models, complemented by analytical tecniquies such as material balance, Buclkey-Leverett etc.
· Monitor, analyse, manage and optimise well and reservoir performance
· Mentor and train potential new recruits
· Be an active member of the wider petroleum-reservoir engineering community and be involved in peer reviews on other assets. Carry-out RE development work on projects in the Business Unit and any other discoveries made where Tullow is operator and/or JV partner
· Be the custodian of field production profiles for a range of life of field development scenarios and their related reserve levels. This is key for Tullow assessment of assets(s) values and the related corporate bookings of reserves
Person SpecificationEducation: Tertiary – petroleum engineering or equivalent
Extensive experience in oil and gas development and operations Skills: · Broad knowledge base incorporating specialised expertise in own discipline field and across related disciplines, built through experience on multiple, varied projects including variety of reservoir types.
· Communication skills high – verbal and written
· Mentoring and training potential recruits
· Ideally used to international new country environments.
· Strong operational reservoir engineering skills and experience
· Strong modelling reservoir engineering skills
· Skilled user of typical upstream software such as KAPPA Saphir & Emeraude, PVTp, PETEX suite, ECLIPSE Suite and Petrel Business Behaviours: Excellent verbal, written, listening and influencing skills
Able to work effectively as part of a team
Able to work on own initiative
Takes a proactive approach
Able to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
Reacts quickly & flexibly to changing circumstances
Uses initiative to ensure issues are overcome
Seeks ways to find and apply best practice
Adopts a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
Open, honest & reliable.