|Date Posted||January 7, 2016|
Do you have solid state-of-the-art experience with reservoir engineering and a strong track record of providing technical guidance?
Join us and become Lead Reservoir Engineer in Exploration & Production Subsurface which is responsible for subsurface evaluations within Exploration & Production Denmark. The work includes evaluation of new business opportunities, near-field exploration, appraisal planning, field development planning, unitisations and production operations. The work is generally undertaken in integrated, multi-disciplinary teams organised by assets/licences.
The department is a part of Exploration & Production which has 700 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We explore for and produce oil and natural gas. Today, our activities are centred in the seas off Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom, and we have an ambitious strategy with many exciting projects in the pipeline.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- provide professional technical advice and expertise within a specific functional area
- in a corporate role independently lead the delivery of discipline expertise and drive the integration of disciplines within multi-disciplinary teams
- provide discipline advice and work to studies, projects and production operations
- contribute to and execute discipline analysis and modelling of complex projects and assignments to meet required performance in compliance with statutory, industry and company standards
- interface and interact with other disciplines during the execution of the entire task
- provide expertise for the implementation and maintenance of relevant standards and procedures
- contribute to knowledge sharing within the discipline, including development of procedures and tools.
Areas of responsibility
- lead and participate in technical assurance, including peer assists, peer reviews, gate reviews and reserves reviews
- engineering support to Assets and Business Units across Exploration & Production as required
- support technical staff on discipline issues, including mentoring if applicable
- support engineering evaluations for the corporate Exploration department
- participate in relevant technical networks and committees.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a degree, preferably at master's level or higher, in a relevant field of engineering
- have extensive experience with the upstream oil and gas business in different technical environments and preferably in a similar role
- have extensive experience working with an operator
- have good analytical and communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Technical experience (skilled, works independently) – most of the subjects are required
Reservoir characterisation (theory)
- wireline formation testing
- CCA/SCAL, rock properties, reservoir heterogeneity and characterisation, fluid displacement analysis, analytical performance analysis
- Well test analysis, pressure and rate transient analysis, fluid flow and well productivity analysis, fluid properties (PVT)
- P/Z, material balance and aquifer modelling, volumetric analysis
Reservoir management (understanding)
- well-reservoir connectivity (rock strength, perforation, formation damage, well type, stimulation, completion)
- reservoir simulation (flow units, connectivity, history matching)
- profiles and ranges
Specialist experience (recognised specialist in skill area, acting as mentor)
- exploration reservoir engineering
- reservoir appraisal
- gas condensates
- technical review [TA/TC; QA/QC].Regional experience at senior level or higher from the North Sea, West of Shetland, the Barents Sea or similar environments and experience from several stages in an asset stage gate model are preferred.