|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
WTS Energy is currently looking for a Lead Reservoir Engineer to work in Abu Dhabi on a contractual basis. The client is an international E&P operator.
Provides hands on reservoir engineering activities within client assets and/or new business opportunities to ensure proper implementation of development plans designed to optimize or improve ultimate recovery. Includes initiating and guiding in Improved/Enhanced Hydrocarbon (HC) Recovery pilot programs, reservoir monitoring, and field development studies to determine medium and long-term implications of different depletion options.
Defines and implements quality control and quality assurance standards for all reservoir engineering activities within Subsurface team. Recommending major / new development / recovery projects and advising management as to the optimum exploitation plans or development strategies.
Must work in an integrated team, maintaining open and effective communication, and is required to have a working knowledge and strategic overview of Improved Recovery projects from screening to implementation stage. Candidate should demonstrate critical thinking abilities with an eagerness to deliver tasks in a timely and proactive manner.
Projects Screening & Pilot Designs
- Carry out screening studies to evaluate IOR/EOR options considering reservoir conditions, and commercial and technical feasibility.
- Carry out and recommend IOR/EOR pilots, analyze and evaluate results and make recommendations.
- Recommend and advise management as to the optimum EOR/IOR option or pilot design based on Techno-economic analysis
- Support MP to identify potential investment / farm-in opportunities utilizing commercial IOR/EOR technologies
Field Depletion / Development Plans
- Carry out the investigation of problems related to reservoirs exploitation and recommend suitable solutions. Include the use of new tools, logging techniques, studies, etc.
- Initiate short and long-term reservoir depletion strategies based on optimized reservoir studies/ management plans
- Identify IOR opportunities or methods like artificial lift, productivity enhancement, completion techniques and pressure maintenance methods, to improve HC recovery
- Estimate ranges of economic and ultimate recovery factors to rank development options
- Keep abreast of technological development in the field of improved HC recovery
- Draw on the experience of other major oil/gas companies to ensure application of latest reservoir management technology
- Evaluate / recommend trials of new technologies.
- Direct / facilitate technical workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering. A Master’ s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 year of experience in the reservoir engineering which at least 5 years (on-the-job experience) in EOR/IOR projects would be required.
- Analytical skills, Observation and Investigation skills, Subsurface software skills, Data Interpretation skills,
- Expert specific computer skills for own expertise area.
- Expert in mentoring skills.
- Competent in other skills within the discipline (e.g. Development, Production, Economics etc).
- Aware of all and knowledgeable of cross functional disciplines.
- Project management skills.
- Communication and presentation skills.