|Location||Irving, United States|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Coordinate the entire reserves process for the South Texas Reserves Asset Team; integrating with both internal and external teams to ensure all appropriate data is included (quarterly and annually). This position will lead a staff of reservoir engineers that works collaboratively with the reserve analysts, South Texas asset teams (Operations, etc.), and the extended Corporate Reserves Team to ensure SEC regulatory compliance is met for the quarterly and year end reserves reporting and impairment analyses required for financial disclosures.
- Works closely with the Reserves Director, South Texas asset teams, and Reserves Engineers to coordinate quarterly reserves process. This includes providing reports, documentation and support, QC of the reserves database, ARIES inputs and reserve runs, reconciliations, oversight of well decline curve forecasts and type curve updates, and lead/conduct “one off” technical reviews/studies as time permits.
- Collaborates with internal and external team members as required to ensure all key reserves value drivers (CAPEX, LOE, S&Y, FFG, etc.) are modeled correctly, sufficiently documented, and compliant with SEC reserves and financial disclosures.
- The responsibility for SOX Controls and their compliance will be allocated between the Corporate Reserves Engineer (CRE) and the Lead Reserves Coordinator.
- This position will ensure that all relevant SOX controls allocated to the Asset Reserves Team are satisfied.
- Collaborate with Reserves Director and liaison with extended Corporate Reserves team and internal /external technical and financial auditors as necessary.
- Keep the Director of Reserves up to date with all asset related reserves activities / issues.
- Coach and mentor engineers and analysts as appropriate on reserves estimating techniques, processes & workflows to maximize accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with Director of Reserves to establish goals and evaluate direct reports.
- Conduct over-sight and QA & QC of reserves processes and data in conjunction with Corporate Reserves / Asset team staff and the Director of Reserves.
- A Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline required.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, asset teams, supervisors and other engineers.
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in the petroleum industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite as well as ARIES economic software is necessary.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.