|Date Posted||July 26, 2017|
Our client is a diversified, growth-oriented private Canadian Exploration and Production Company. They are a long-time
producer with medium to shallow production in 2 western provinces. In a unique work and office setting for a staff ~100,
they operate more than 4000 wells, compressor stations and batteries. The company has plans to grow revenues with
capital expenditures and drill 20-30 wells in the next year.
Why Consider This Role?
- This is an excellent opportunity if you’re interested in working for a conservative, growing and active Canadian
company, encompassing development of conventional assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- The company focuses on strategic, long term objectives while creating value for shareholders. Our client is
building this sustainable and successful company for continued growth and stability.
- You will have impact on the company; this role provides for personal & professional upside.
Reporting to the Manager, Subsurface, and based in Alberta the incumbent will be a key member of a multidisciplinary
team. Your strong technical aptitude and communication skills will impact the safe optimization of the company’s
conventional oil asset base, provide support to operations and exploration while assessing and executing current
Activities and Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility in a hands-on capacity is to identify and expand exploitation and development efforts of
the company. You will also be engaged with;
- Technical review and input of plays generated by the G&G; team and assist high-grading of development
prospects, identify new prospects and competitive analysis.
- Active involvement of operational reviews and providing economic guidance.
- Work independently and with management to review full time and contract staff performance and career
- Strong verbal and written communication is critical.
- Provide a framework of goals and measurable success for the assets assigned.
- The assets are in southern Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Strong software skills with Accumap, ValNav, Excel/Microsoft Office and other industry software.
As an experienced Petroleum Engineer, you will be qualified by having 15 years of exploitation experience in conventional
oil and gas, a minimum of 2-3 years of asset and team leadership experience. As a member of APEGA you have worked
on asset development teams presenting your own ideas with a track record of success. The successful candidate will
have worked in detail deep to shallow medium to lite oil, understand the challenges and can advise on best practices.
You have an energetic style, an attention to detail, lead by example and have a desire to get down to work. You will
also be able to motivate the team to produce results within timeframes safely and manage competing deadline
requirements for your time.
To Advance Your Career Reply in Confidence To
Trevor Johnstone (403)539-9420 email@example.com
Empowering your company with the finest people!