|Date Posted||October 16, 2017|
Our client is part of the internationally, well-known and respected player in the Energy sector. With offices in many locations around the world, they are involved in producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. They are entering a period of growth and are currently looking a Senior Geologist with Geophysicist experience to join the wellington based team.
This role, reporting to the Exploration and Appraisal Manager, will be responsible for developing, supervising, and implementing approved Taranaki Basin exploration and appraisal activities, and for the management of the Taranaki Basin exploration and appraisal team.
- Leadership and management of the Taranaki Basin Exploration & Appraisal Team.
- Generation and management of contracts relating to geological and geophysical work programmes and review and quality control third party deliverables
- Generation and management of internal and Joint Venture budgets
- Prepare reports for the Government regulatory bodies, in accordance with permit work programmes
- Arrange and deliver Peer Reviews to mature Taranaki Basin prospectivity
- Lead geophysical and geological studies at prospect and regional levels
- Undertake prospect evaluation and maturation
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Masters qualification in Geology or GeoScience or similar
- Have at least 10 to 15 years O&G exploration experience
- Have proven experience in team leadership / management
- Have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams across multiple basins
- Be able to show sound interpretation skills, including well correlations, seismic-well ties, 2D/3D seismic interpretation, seismic attribute extraction & analysis, and geophysical data management
- Show proven QI experience, including geophysical property modelling and AVO analysis
- Be able to offer Geophysical support to seismic planning and operations
- Show strong geological skills, including a high awareness of the principles and application of structural geology, sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, geochemistry and basin modelling
- Have experience in Play Fairway Analysis, including palaeo-environment mapping using multiple geological and geophysical data types
- Have proven experience in using “Player” Play Fairway Analysis, Petrel and GeoX software
- Possess an enquiring mind, an explorer’s optimistic mindset, and a proactive approach to his/her work.
You will need to have excellent English abilities (written and verbal), good report writing skills and generally be a team player and leader, capable of building good working relationships at all levels.
Offshore work will be required, so the ability to pass the UKOOA medical and BOSIET training is a must.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package that will reflect your skills and abilities and the chance to join a growing company and a good, fun loving team.
If this sounds like you, if you are keen on a new and challenging role, let’s talk