|Date Posted||August 10, 2016|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
COMPANY: INTERNATIONAL EXPLORATION PRODUCTION COMPANY
POSITION: LEAD GEOLOGIST
Due to expansion in E&P activities, an International Exploration and Production Company is seeking to resource an experienced Lead Geologist.
This is a key senior role within the organizational structure and will certainly offer career potential.
Summary of Role:
The appointee will assume the role of Geoscience Technical authority and be willing to undertake a hands on role and do the technical work along with the capability to run the latest software and generate maps, etc.
- Work on joint venture projects;
- Provide geological expertise in terms of analysing, interpreting and integrating geological data to build models for play concepts in regional / localized basins, and generate prospects for Offshore acreage;
- Assist in evaluation of new projects / assets;
- Conduct geological evaluation of farm-in opportunities for operated and non-operated ventures; includes asset evaluation and results for exploration projects in the detailing of “oil in place” and reserves / resources, to give value to the project’s worth;
- Undertake technical geological evaluations for existing and new ventures and provide recommendation to Senior Management team and board for their approval;
- Analyse data and estimates and incorporate the range of key geological uncertainties towards building a robust suite of subsurface static models; perform basin / prospect evaluation as applicable and report operational performance of the operator highlighting variances;
- Participate in corporate risk committee and peer reviews to support the quality and consistency of technical work;
- Represent Company at joint ventures technical and committee meetings, workshops, farmout presentations and industry technical conferences;
- Work with team members pro-actively to achieve corporate aims in production and reserves base;
Required Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Geoscience subject;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as Geologist / Geoscientist in a variety of operating Environments, preferably with both large and small Oil & Gas companies.;
- Experience of working on Joint Ventures
- Practical experience in a wide variety of classical and carbonate environments;
- Work station applications – recent hands on experience with Petrel preferred, but Landmark and GeoFrame is also acceptable;
- New Ventures experience – an asset, but not essential.
- Fluent written and spoken English (mandatory)
The appointee will be invited to join the Company’s Chinese permanent staff payroll. The importance of this key role will be reflected in the salary and benefits package and Relocation settlement and allowance.
Interviews : As soon possible - interview to be shortly held.
Applications may only be accepted from Chinese nationals.
On receipt of your response, detailed client information / job description will be forwarded.