|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 21 countries, $30 billion in annual revenue, $97.5 billion of total assets, and approximately 15,900 employees as of Dec. 31, 2015. Production averaged 1,589 MBOED in 2015, and preliminary proved reserves were 8.2 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2015.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips is currently seeking a Land Processing Geophysicist for the Subsurface Seismic Processing & Imaging team.
- Apply basic land and shallow water seismic pre-processing workflows
- Run production pre-stack depth migration algorithms
- Run grid-based tomographic inversion to iteratively update velocity model
- Work closely with research developers in testing new technologies
- Land seismic processing QC at Vendors’ processing shop for business units
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Master's Degree or higher in Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 5+ years of land seismic pre-processing, depth migration, and velocity model building experience
- Experience with the application of full waveform inversion for land seismic data
- Ph.D. in Geophysics
- Familiarity with Landmark SeisSpace
- Excellent team player and communication skills
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 14, 2016.