|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 20 countries, $21 billion in annualized revenue, $96 billion of total assets, and approximately 15,400 employees as of June 30, 2016. Production averaged 1,562 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2016, and proved reserves were 8.2 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2015.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips is currently seeking a Land Processing Geophysicist for the Subsurface Seismic Processing & Imaging team.
- Apply basic land and shallow water seismic pre-processing workflows
- Run production pre-stack depth migration algorithms
- Run grid-based tomographic inversion to iteratively update velocity model
- Work closely with research developers in testing new technologies
- Land seismic processing QC at Vendors’ processing shop for business units
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Master's Degree or higher in Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 3+ years of land seismic pre-processing, depth migration, and velocity model building experience
- Experience with the application of full waveform inversion for land seismic data
- Ph.D. in Geophysics
- Familiarity with Landmark SeisSpace
- Excellent team player and communication skills
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 29, 2017.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
: Individual Contributor/Staff Level
: NORTH AMERICA-USA-TEXAS-HOUSTON
: GEOPHYSICAL SERVICES