|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2017|
The Petroleum Geo-sciences department at an eminent oil & gas research institute in Abu Dhabi is is inviting applications for a full-time Laboratory Engineer position in Geophysics, where the incumbent will be responsible for hardware installation, cabling and configuration.
- Installation of Linux operating systems and related applicative software products.
- Administering user system access and establish safeguards to protect information to meet security requirements.
- Monitoring system performance to support capacity planning.
- Implementation and monitoring of system backups and disaster recovery.
- Troubleshooting network and operating system problems.
- Supporting architecture design studies for technology refresh planning and implementation.
- Maintaining awareness of and participate in planning and execution of upgrades and patches for operating systems and software.
- Creates and maintains multiple virtual server systems based on VMware.
- M.Sc. degree in computer science, geophysics or electrical engineering is preferred.
- Proven experience in Linux system management.
- Software installation, development and maintenance will be a key requisite.
- Experience in scientific programming using advanced computing architectures will be appreciated.
NOTE: All applications must include (i) a cover letter expressing interest in the position, (ii) a current curriculum vitae, and (iii) the names and e-mail addresses of three or four references.