|Date Posted||June 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Junior Production Engineer for oil and gas wells
Do you want to become one of the engineers to take production optimisation of oil and gas wells to the next level and into the future?
Join us and become one of the production engineers in the Siri Area Production Engineering & Allocation team. The team is responsible for day-to-day production support, allocation and optimisation mainly from well performance, production and injection prioritisation, implementation and running of a choke model, implementation of IVM and the running of associated modelling applications. The team is part of the Subsurface department in DONG Oil & Gas.
You will initially be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, the office is expected to move within the Copenhagen area when Oil & Gas becomes part of the INEOS Group. Further, you should expect some travelling to Esbjerg on the Danish west coast in relation to your work, since this is where our operational base is located.
- quickly gain competences within, for example, well and production system performance and take responsibilities within the team
- be responsible for production optimisation on a daily, medium and long-term basis
- be responsible for production allocation and deferment management
- be responsible for the integration and running of a choke model to understand production potential and identify locked-in potential
- implement and integrate IVM, integrated production systems modelling, eg IFM, GAP, Resolve, Prosper.
You will primarily work in the Siri Area, but the ambition is to hire an engineer who can also contribute more widely within the Production Technology discipline in both our operated and non-operated ventures.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have an MSc degree in engineering, preferably within petroleum engineering
- have a few years of related upstream oil and gas experience after graduation
- have some experience with North Sea oil and gas wells, both their design, integrity aspects and operation
- want to build a career within production technology and/or production engineering in the oil and gas industry
- are sufficiently resilient to work in the oil and gas business while the industry is experiencing tough times.
Furthermore, you must be willing to work offshore from time to time, as needed. A valid work permit for Denmark is a requirement in order to be considered for this position as the position needs to be filled immediately.
A unique opportunity and a technically challenging job in a small team in challenging times, where you will have every opportunity to develop your skills and help others build their skills in order to drive success.
In DONG Energy Oil & Gas, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and innovatively with our projects with a high focus on safety. Working for us, you will be close to the decision-making processes.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jens Beier-Holgersen, Subsurface Engineering Manager within Subsurface, on telephone +45 99 55 64 62 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 15 July 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed.