|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
Junior Petrophysicist (f/m)
OMV is producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 19 bn and a workforce of around 22,500 employees in 2016, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
- Contribute to improve the efficiency of petrophysics workflows, procedures and processes
- Implement defined procedures, plan specific discipline workstreams within projects and undertake tasks that require the application of petrophysical skills and knowledge under direct guidance
- Perform petrophysical interpretation of log data by applying proven petrophysics workflows
- Work on clearly instructed assignments with guidance from senior staff
- Assist and contribute in the preparation of fit-for-purpose logging programs
- Document and archive technical work completed
- Prepare log data for further processing and perform Quality Control of Contractor's deliverables, cost control of logging operations
- Diploma / Master degree in Geosciences, Petroleum Engineering or a similar field of studies
- Relevant theoretical knowledge gained through academic studies, first relevant professional experience will be considered as a plus
- High customer orientation and ability to work independently as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in German and English
We offer you:
- Salary: € 49.560,-- all in, gross/per annum plus OMV benefits
- A trainee position with the opportunity to undertake complex functional tasks entirely under supervision of senior staff.
- The opportunity to join an international and fast growing company.
- Place of work: Vienna, Head Office