|Date Posted||January 24, 2018|
Golder Associates is seeking a Junior Geoscientist to join its dynamic Water Resources and Coastal Engineering team based in Victoria.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities:
· Participate in surface water and coastal projects, including watershed management and surface water plans, geomorphological analyses, hydrological analysis, environmental baseline studies, natural channel assessment and design, river stability studies, sediment transport, coastal erosion, flood hazard assessments, and assist with regulatory permitting.
· Complete field studies, including channel assessments, review of bank erosion sites, assessment of existing hydraulic structures (e.g., bridges, culverts, dams etc.), stream flow measurements, coastal erosion assessments and the installation and maintenance of monitoring equipment.
· Assist with detailed design packages, technical specifications, and site inspections during construction activities.
· Develop and analyze hydrologic and hydraulic models.
· Statistical analysis of hydrometric and climatic data.
· Create project work plans.
· Participate in the writing and preparation of proposals and reports.
· Data entry, processing and analysis.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
· Bachelors Degree in Earth Sciences or Physical Geography or similar. A post graduate degree is preferred, but is not essential for high-qualified candidates.
· Registered or eligible for registration with EGBC.
· Familiarity with coastal geomorphology, fluvial geomorphology, and erosion and scour analysis.
· Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, and statistical analyses.
· Familiarity with current software for hydrologic and hydraulic modelling.
· Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems.
· Familiarity with environmental impact assessments, surface water monitoring programs, land and resource development, storm water management, and Provincial law and regulations related to surface water resources.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Excellent technical writing skills.
· Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to travel for site work.
Our Staff Benefit from:
· An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
· Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
· Employee mentoring program
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
At Golder Associates we strive to be the most respected global company specializing in ground engineering and environmental services through technical excellence, innovative solutions and award winning client service. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, Transportation and more. Employee owned since founded in 1960, our 7,000 people, operating from 165 offices worldwide, deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
: Jan 24, 2018, 4:33:17 PM