|Date Posted||December 6, 2016|
Contract Junior Geologist
**Candidate will sit in Calgary, Alberta office
The team has a new opportunity for a 6 month contract position as Junior Geologist. The role of Junior Geologist will be to take the day to day tasks away from our prospecting Geologists to free up their time for inventory generation. This role will receive mentorship from and report to the Senior Supervisor Geology. This contract position has the potential to be extended or converted into a full time role.
* Geological evaluation and mapping for review of mineral land expiries
* Compilation and submission of land continuation packages to the AER
* Perform well abandonment reviews and make recommendations for: recompletion, add perforation, workover or abandonment
* Apply geologic core logging abilities
* The successful candidate will have a BSc degree in Geology from an accredited institution and be eligible for membership in APEGA
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience and be a results oriented, proactive individual, capable of working both independently and in a team environment
* Advanced level computer skills, especially in software programs (Petra & Accumap) and ability to learn new software.
* Excellent communication skills along with a strong work ethic are a requirement for this role
* The candidate must be able to contribute effectively in a diverse team environment
* Effectively able to manage time and balance priorities in order to meet objectives and
* Experience with geologic core logging