|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 8, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||1|
CIB – Investment Banking Oil and Gas Acquisitions and Divestitures Engineer – Analyst - Houston, Tx-150115015
The A&D team sits within and is a critical element of the 60 person J.P. Morgan North American Oil and Gas Investment Bank. We have a global mandate and are a part of the Global Oil and Gas Team with offices in Houston, New York, Calgary, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paulo. We are principally focused on winning and executing on sell-side advisory roles and occasionally function as a buy-side advisor. We also support the banking team in M&A advisory, IPO pitches, net asset valuation work, developing industry thought pieces and providing general technical insight.
We are recruiting a Reservoir Engineer with one to two years of experience who will serve as an Engineer on the A&D team. This person will be responsible for: performing technical work on A&D assignments, assisting in generating and presenting pitch materials and management presentations, and creating thought pieces to share with clients across the major North American oil and gas basins.
BS in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering
1-2 years of experience in A&D, new ventures, business development, consulting, industry or banking
The A&D Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of the oil and gas value chain as it relates to unconventional plays
- Should have an advanced understanding of the technical evaluation process for oil and gas assets
- Should be very efficient utilizing ARIES databases for reserve/valuation analysis (PHDWin a plus)
- Should be comfortable working in oil and gas data collection and amalgamation utilities (i.e. DrillingInfo, Spotfire, Wood Mackenzie, IHS, etc.)
- Should be very comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills and work well with a team
- Exceptional abilities with the Microsoft suite are mandatory