|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Interpretation Mapping Geophysicist
Independent oil and gas company with a team is composed of distinguished professionals from the Mexican and international oil and gas sector with over 400 years of cumulative experience with direct applicability to Mexico’s opportunity set is looking for an Interpretation Mapping Geophysicist
Position Location: Houston, TX, with ability to travel 4~6 times annually to Mexico City
Position Pay: Day rate; Depending on Experience
Position Type: Full Time Contract – (6 mo. - 1 yr.)
- This candidate needs to be an experienced geophysicist that has worked in hands-on prospect maturation and can demonstrate strong detailed mapping skills both at exploration and appraisal scale work.
- Expert skills in data manipulation from various sources especially in workstation mapping. Power user of Excel and data manipulation in/out of Petrel.
- Must be able to effectively work within a technical team and partners in the generation of prospects and the identification and seismic quantification of the key risks.
- Must be expert in using seismic to fully reduce risking as much as possible. Knows application of NAZ and WAZ seismic methods and has used AVO gather analysis to risk reduce in previous roles.
- Needs to show own working knowledge of both deep-water clastic & carbonate reservoirs / plays & be able to clearly communicate to management the field volumes and key risks.
- Must also be able to concisely communicate ideas in English to technical team of reservoir engineers, geophysicists, management & partners.
- Reporting to Subsurface Director in Mexico City
- University Science Degree in bachelors in geology or similar geoscience related background (Masters preferred).
- 5-7 years’ work experience, preference to have oil company experience of both Mexico and international petroleum basins, including salt basins
- Interpretation mapping role in deep-water prospect and lead maturation alongside more senior geologist plus broader help across Sierra projects. Works in detail at fast pace.
- Works very effectively with people from different backgrounds & disciplines, helps others to succeed in close small team environment
- Understands workstation Petrel software application to expert level with cross-over strong geological skills (knows the geological concept being evaluated), curious, loves data manipulation.
- Self-Starter, works with minimal supervision, hard worker, delivers on time to high standard
- Able to communicate fluently in English and with some Spanish