|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Head of Engineering (Business Development)
Position: Head of Engineering (Business Development)
Location: The Gulf States
An International Energy Company is seeking to resource a Head of Engineering (Business Development) who will be assigned to the Gulf States on a permanent residential expatriate family status contract.
This is regarded as a key role within our client's organisation and will report to the Board of Directors.
Summary of Role
The Head of Engineering (Business Development) will act as the Company's Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering Technical Authority and provide advice on viability of business development opportunities.
Provide professional, technical and operational guidance and leadership to technical multi-disciplinary teams and external technical advisors during the technical evaluation and technical approval of business development opportunities.
Provide timely technical support to Advisors in the identification, screening, evaluation and approval of business development opportunities.
Provide technical leadership and technical support to the internal technical multi-disciplinary teams comprised of petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers, geologists, geophysicists, drilling engineers, facilities engineers and HSE specialists during the technical evaluation and technical approval stages of business development opportunity project implementation and approval.
Lead the technical tendering and award process for third party technical advisors. Prepare the technical scopes of work tendered.
Provide technical leadership & technical support in the evaluation of exploration opportunities.
Supervise the activities of the technical support staff.
Ensure awareness of key objectives and end user guidelines and provisions of various quality standards currently in force and ensure compliance to end user policies and guidelines in Business Development.
Participate in presenting technical evaluation of recommendations for business development activities to Board of Directors.
Mentoring of national staff.
- Represent the company at Government and Partnership Meetings.
Qualifications / Experience:
- BSc degree in Petroleum Engineering or associated discipline with minimum 15 years' experience as Petroleum / Reservoir Engineer in an operating E&P company.
- Experience should include a practical knowledge in the search for new opportunities as well as the techniques used in petroleum exploration, development and economic evaluation.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams, including, as a minimum, Petroleum & Reservoir Engineers and Geoscientists.
- Proven track record of developing new E&P business and reviewing / acquiring assets.
- Strategy management & business planning.
- Considerable experience in the evaluation of business development opportunities.
The appointee with be invited to join the Expatriate staff residential payroll. A competitive salary, family status expatriate benefits package and generous bonus schemes will be offered and where applicable child education assistance.
Interviews: As soon as possible with candidate selection shortly taking place.