|Date Posted||September 1, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||0|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Graduate Reservoir Engineer | Stavanger Norway
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
All Graduate New Hire Engineers will join Accelerate - our Early Career program. Accelerate program is a flexible development framework to enhance and accelerate early career professional development.
The first two years will be spent on two to three rotational assignments in a variety of multi-discipline teams. Reservoir Engineers could be involved in well optimization, analyzing pressure tests, working with field management strategies, well planning or model building. During the assignments you will be challenged to develop your technical skills along with the interdisciplinary team-working and communication skills essential to our business. These assignments provide a golden opportunity to get to know the organization, and better plan for further career developments. Common for all assignments is that you will be working with real issues actively contributing to the business unit’s goals. You will also be assigned a technical mentor and a career coach. Together with your mentor and career coach you will develop a skills development plan that will serve as the foundation for your career with ConocoPhillips.
During your first four years with ConocoPhillips you can expect to have formal training, including New Hire courses. Early career development is also enhanced through participation in personal and leadership development programs and conferences. As a graduate you will also be given the opportunity for networking through the Young Professionals Forum.
ConocoPhillips encourages life-long learning for all employees. In-house, external courses and e-learning opportunities are available to our staff throughout their careers. Internal Networks of Excellence provide opportunities for global knowledge sharing among technical professionals. ConocoPhillips has a strong commitment to energy-related research and the global geoscience and reservoir engineering community. Employees are encouraged to present their technical work at industry conferences and to publish their work when appropriate.
- Masters Degree completed by the summer of 2016 within Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering
- Less than three years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Legally authorized to work in Norway on a permanent full-time basis.
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Creative, able to generate new ideas
- Interpersonal communication, both written & oral presentation skills
- Organizational skills - able to prioritize responsibilities
- Decision making, focus on results with high levels of initiative
- Dependability and adaptability
- Proactive and ability to ask good questions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer literacy
- A minimum average grade B.