|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Geosteering Geologist serves as a subject matter expert in the areas of reservoir navigation, subsurface modeling and mapping, and wellbore placement.
- Utilize multiple software platforms to pinpoint true bit position during lateral drilling operations.
- Interact in professional and courteous manner with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Submit reports on a daily basis, or as required, to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct ongoing analysis using multiple datasets during drilling operations to model lateral wellbore position in an accurate and precise manner.
- Make recommendations as required to external stakeholders regarding optimum wellbore placement based upon previously conducted analysis.
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality.
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned by the manager from time to time.
- This position requires a person to sit up for up to 12 hours per day.
- This position does not require an individual to lift more than 15lbs on a regular basis.
- Please note that ALS Oil & Gas operates 24/7 and may require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Earth Science or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the upstream Oil & Gas sector, preferably in a geological role.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
You would also be/have:
- Customer Focussed
- Highly computer literate, and able to learn new programs in a timely manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Capable of working independently or without close supervision
- Able to make sound decisions in time-sensitive environment