|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||November 18, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Requisition Number 16-0092 Title Geoscientist Staff City Tulsa State OK Description The Permian team is looking for an experienced Geoscientist who will be responsible for formulating and developing advanced geological concepts. This position is expected to perform as an individual contributor and assist in training lower level geologists. This position uses advanced techniques, procedures, and criteria for carrying out a sequence of extremely complex geological tasks.
- Conduct and lead special projects such as: regional stratigraphic mapping, identification of field extension opportunities, in-field exploration of deep objectives. Coordination with Drilling, Completions, Reservoir, Production Teams on as needed basis.
- Work with Team to identify key data requirements and provide technical oversight for such acquisitions.
- Conduct integral geological evaluations, working closely with the Team Petrophysicist, Reservoir and Completion Engineers to evaluate core and log data for completions optimization. Integrate information into the regional geologic model.
- Steward projects from conception to drilling.
- Monitor drilling and completion of wells, incorporating new information to improve drilling and completion operations and refine appraisal and development plans.
- Support Planning, Regulatory, and Government Affairs Teams in presenting Operational Plans to government regulatory agencies.
- Track industry activity and report trends to management.
- Provide expert geologic testimony to State Oil & Gas Commissions or other agencies as needed.
- Strong proficiency with Petra, and/or petrophysical, geophysical and other analytical software such as Spotfire, IHS PowerTools, PowrLog
- Experience and expertise in unconventional reservoirs, and with structural and stratigraphic and stratigraphic plays
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities
- Must be self-motivated and must thrive in a closely integrated, multi-disciplined team environment
- Experience and expertise in deep water systems, sequence stratigraphy, log and core analysis, reservoir characterization, basin analysis, exploration concepts and play analysis, risk and uncertainty; economic analysis
- 10 years minimum relevant job experience, 12 years relevant job experience preferred
- 6 years of related experience in the Permian, preferred
- MSc Degree in related discipline required
***This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience***
WPX Energy Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
WPX Energy is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled