|Date Posted||June 15, 2020|
Job Role Summary
We are seeking dynamic, creative, and resourceful candidates for ExxonMobil’s Bengaluru, India, location to work challenging site investigation problems in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of site investigation specialists located in Houston, USA.
The work assignment consists of Site Investigation interpretation, mapping and technical reporting services in support of the Operations Geology well planning and field development projects. This position will perform the following tasks as required:
• Assist in site-survey design, specification of appropriate field acquisition and data processing technologies, quality standards, and deliverables.
• Compiling interpretive results into a Shallow Drilling Hazards Evaluation or Geohazards Assessment report, with supporting figures and maps, for distribution to Business Unit/Subsidiary and engineering clients.
• Supervise preparation of contract geohazard interpretations and reports
• Work with geotechnical and drilling engineers to design effective mooring and foundation (drillwell and production facility) plans
• Recommend alternate drillwell surface locations as necessary to mitigate high-risk geohazards; recommend need for jetting or drilling structural casing, pilot hole drilling, top-hole logging, weighted drilling mud, and shallow casing setting depths
• Present site investigation results to Business Unit/Subsidiary geoscience and engineering management in well endorsement reviews
• This position is Safety Sensitive and pre-access Alcohol and Drug testing is required.
Site Investigation Specialist (SIS) candidates need to have:
• A minimum of three years’ marine engineering geophysical field (site survey) experience, and a minimum of ten years’ geophysical interpretation (site investigation) experience.
• Expert interpretation and mapping skills with a wide variety of marine engineering geophysical systems including single-beam/multi-beam echo sounder, side-scan sonar, and subbottom profiler.
• Expert geophysical workstation-based 2D high-resolution and 3D seismic interpretation and mapping skills. A working knowledge of Petrel, Kingdom Suite, Fledermaus, SonarWiz and ArcGIS will be helpful.
• Competency in field geotechnical engineering methods and the capacity to integrate geotechnical data into a geophysical interpretation.
• Working knowledge of offshore drilling practices and production facility emplacement.
• Effective communication and presentation skills, and be able to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
• Minimum 10 years’ of relevant academic research and/or hands-on industry experience in site investigation, geohazard evaluation, and/or other geotechnical work
• Minimum three years’ experience in site surveys
• Bachelors, Masters or PhD from a recognized university in Geology, Geophysics, Engineering or Physics with minimum 7.0 GPA or equivalent
• Strong integration and analytical skills
• Proficiency in English and strong communication skills
• Willing to travel internationally including offshore, based on business needs