|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
GeoscientistABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Gulfport Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with its principal properties located in the Utica Shale and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
Gulfport Energy's core management and technical teams are comprised of proven oil and gas professionals, with experience and expertise in multiple regions including salt dome structures of the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the Utica Shale Basin in Ohio. An entrepreneurial spirit resonates from the executive management team throughout the organization. We seek to leverage recent technological advancements in the oil and gas industry to fully exploit our principal producing acreages in each of our geographic regions while balancing the portfolio with a collection of long-term value opportunities that provide high-impact upside potential. OPEN DATE 1/11/2017 CLOSE DATE LOCATION Oklahoma City - Oklahoma CATEGORY Geology POSITION Geoscientist FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Exempt SHIFT Days DESCRIPTION JOB SUMMARY:
The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in the exploration and development of natural resources. The Geoscientist will analyze geological and geophysical data to develop maps and models to be used to find and develop hydrocarbon resources.. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as well as an ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Analyzes well logs and other data to locate natural resource deposits and estimate their size
- Prepare geological maps, cross-sectional diagrams, charts, and reports concerning mineral extraction, land use, and resource management
- Assesses quality of the reserves and gives advice on the optimal strategies to be applied
- Interfacing with Land, Drilling and Completion departments
- Provides geologic knowledge in structural, stratigraphic, and other geological interpretation to ongoing projects utilizing state of the art software and analysis techniques
- Implements new technologies in geological modeling and seismic processing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Geo-steering experience (Star-Steer a plus)
- Basic well log and seismic interpretation
- Proficiency in Kingdom, Petra, and/or Geographix. Petrel experience is a plus
- Must have exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geoscience from an accredited university required.
- Work experience as a Geoscientist, Geophysicist or Geologist demonstrating mapping proficiency and technical interpretation skills.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of oil field drilling and completion operations
- The ability to use a computer, tablet or smart phone for extended periods of time
- Basic use of office equipment such as copier and fax machines
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, along with equipment necessary to design, draw, and execute plans.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work will vary due to workload and needs of the company.
Some travel is expected for this position. EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected class of individuals.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.