|Date Posted||March 17, 2020|
Job Role Summary
Job Role Summary
We are seeking dynamic, creative, and resourceful candidates for ExxonMobil’s Bengaluru, India, location to work on challenging quantitative seismic analysis problems in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of QI, Processing and Formation Evaluation specialists located in Houston, USA.
Candidates will conduct applied project work with seismic data to perform post-imaging seismic data conditioning, velocity model building and domain conversion using a variety of software for data processing and analysis, as well as log data analysis and rock physics modeling.
• In consultation with ExxonMobil’s Geophysical Applications group in Houston, define project objectives, work scopes and deliverables
• Contribute to all stages of seismic data conditioning project work
• Perform rock property analysis and seismic inversion
• Work with computational scientists, engineers, and geoscientists to test, deliver and support various geophysical data analysis software tools, models, algorithms, and software
• Master’s or PhD degree from a recognized university in Geophysics, Engineering or Physics
• Minimum two to six years’ experience in the petroleum industry
• Demonstrated record of hands-on industry experience in geophysical data analyses in support of upstream oil and gas operations
• Strong computational and analytical skills
• Experience with one or more geophysical analysis software suites
• Proficiency in English
• Knowledge of seismic inversion, well log analysis, statistical methods, machine learning, signal processing, numerical modeling, computer programming and optimization will be an advantage