|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2016|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
- Job type:Permanent
- Date posted:05/09/2016
- Apply for this job
An international Oil & Gas OperatorThe Role:
A critical position which contributes to good quality business decision making by providing and assuring fit for purpose solutions to Subsurface problems. You will advise Senior Managers on all Geoscience technical and personnel issues. Work with subsurface, facilities, commercial and Well Delivery specialists to ensure that appropriate data is gathered and processed, suitable reservoir models are built and calibrated, potential solutions evaluated and recommendations are made. You will also be required to support the exploration, appraisal, development, production and reservoir management of the E&P assets and new business activities. This role will utilise both your long-term strategic and short-term tactical (operational) focus.
- Advise, Assure and perform Specialist activities using documented processes, workflows, and best practices for exploration, development, and production activities to deliver consistent, high-quality analysis to support Company decision making.
- Team Work, willingness to discuss method and results, openness to other opinions, ability to assimilate, decide and convince.
- Personal Development
- Staff Development and Performance Management
- Functional Development. Creation of standards, research into new methods.
- Relationship Management. Interaction with the customer / client. Presenting to partners and other stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and able to work independently
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Builds partnerships
- Attention to technical detail
- Effective planning of work and priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Leverages diversity and inclusion
- Nurtures and coaches, develops others, acts as a role model
- Good organization and project management skills
- Good communication skills
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree: Geoscience, Earth Science, Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other Science with a strong numerical component
- PhD in Geoscience or MSc in Petroleum Engineering is highly desirable
- 15+ years relevant Upstream experience, with at least 10 years minimum in D/P
- Experience in reservoir and field management activities. Including data acquisition campaigns.
- Experience with a proven Operator is essential
- Strong technical Geoscience knowledge required (Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, integration, reservoir quality)
- Proven successful leadership experience