|Date Posted||July 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Job Title: Geoscience Advisor
Job Type: Contract / 4 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Geoscience section including the input/output and quality control of Petroleum Engineering data to various project databases and assist the team in the manipulation / transfer / loading of data.
- Supports petrophysical/geological/geophysical activities associated with active field development and reservoir surveillance as required. These activities include maintaining the accuracy and completeness of geoscience databases, integrating new geological/geophysical, petrophysical, and well surveillance data, and updating the reservoir description of North Field horizons. Provides geoscience input to Client’ drilling and surveillance programs. Able to interrogate geoscience models and databases to evaluate and extract reservoir property information in support of studies, drilling, and reservoir surveillance activities. He/she demonstrates depth, breadth and high quality technical work, and is a mentor and role model in the Geoscience section. Able to provide advice to the leadership team on key geoscience data management activities, strategy, improvement initiatives, technology, sustainability efforts, and cost optimization ideas.
- Responsible for QC and loading into company databases and catalogs a wide range of data types from a variety of media.
- Preform data QA/QC and editing functions including expert judgement related to petrophysical data and log curves.
- Maintain data catalogs, inventories and comprehensive audit trails for all input data.
- Assist users to move/transfer/export/output data between project areas, applications and databases.
- Assure accuracy and completeness of geoscience databases. Integrate new geological/geophysical, petrophysical and well surveillance data, and update the reservoir description North Field reservoirs.
- Mentors geoscientists with less experience, implements inhouse training in areas of expertise.
- Define and improve commonly used procedures (e.g. data work flows and quality indicators
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of BSc from an accredited and recognised University, advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 15+ years Industry Experience including major integrated oil company and leadership role
- Experience in multicultural environments desirable.
- Concern for the meticulous accuracy of the data.
- Skill area specific computing applications highly desireable – (GeoFrame, Techlog, Petrel).
- Cross functional skills related to Development Geoscience (e.g. - Drilling, Completions, RE Simulation, RE surveillance, Data Management, Production Engineering)
- Project Management
- Interpersonal, mentoring and leadership skills
- Petroleum Engineering and Geoscience Data and Data Quality issues
- Integration of Multidisciplinary Technical Data
- English communication skills (oral and written)
- Technical Writing and Documentation
- Proven ability to generate and document new ideas/concepts to improve work flows and technical understanding
- Computing skills in commonly used software (<web address removed>, Excel, Powerpoint)