|Date Posted||May 11, 2017|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
The Heavy Oil Business Unit is currently looking for an experienced Geophysicist who would like to make a contribution to a successful and growing organization.
Reporting to the G & G Emerging Oil Sands and Tucker Manager, the successful candidate will work as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support to Husky’s Heavy Oil business unit.
The successful candidate will be working collaboratively with a team of geologists, geophysicists and engineers to evaluate and develop Husky's Oil Sands and Heavy Oil Assets.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conduct detailed seismic interpretation of 2D, 3D, 3C and 4D data to effectively characterize the reservoir and maximize hydrocarbon recovery
- Apply appropriate geophysical technologies (magnetics, seismic modeling, AVO etc.) to minimize risk, optimize well placement, and to characterize the reservoir
- Interact with seismic data processors and geophysical support staff
- Evaluate heavy oil, gas and oil sands resources in both clastic and carbonate settings
- Contribute to regulatory documents
- Provide input into development planning and execution
- Participate in industry consortiums and conferences
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.Sc. degree in Geophysics is required
- M.Sc./Ph.D. degree in Geophysics would be an asset
- Meet requirements necessary to join APEGA
- A familiarity with thermal operations, ideally with exposure to 4D seismic techniques
- A working knowledge of seismic acquisition and processing techniques
- A working knowledge of 2D and 3D acquisition and interpretation
- 5+ years’ experience primarily working in the development of oil sands assets
- A working knowledge of thermal operations or enhanced recovery projects
- A working knowledge of clastic and carbonate bitumen plays would be an asset
- Proficiency in SeisWare
- Experience using Accumap
- Experience using Geographix would be an asset
- Familiarity with Petrel would be an asset
- Familiarity with Hampson-Russell and Jason would be an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Well-developed oral and written communication and presentation skills along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in an active business environment