|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Geophysicist Specialist in United Arab Emirates
Coordinates exploration geophysics activities and quality control of the geophysical work carried out. Develop initial reservoir targets for first phase of drilling development. Integration work with reservoir studies and well operations teams to ensure development well targets are prepared and ready for drilling.
- Build velocity ad time-depth models for development and field.
- Structural and stratigraphic mapping of key horizons.
- Assist with preparation of subsurface well proposals for development wells.
- Provide subsurface support to well operations, including optimizing well casing setting depths, tops and optimum well placement.
- Coordinate/Conduct integration of work effort /studies on attribute analysis for input to the reservoir characterization modelling.
- Oversee the seismic processing or re-processing work program.
- Staying up-to- date with the latest software developments and new applications which are of potential value to the Division
- Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Subsurface Division systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Take Technical lead, mentoring and Peer Assist role for other geophysicist or JV (Joint Venture) geophysical developee staff assigned to the project.
- Works in accordance with the established Company Policy and Procedures, Completed assignments are subject to review.
- Ensure that Subsurface Division complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across all operations and support function and all projects, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Terms & Conditions
Company : State Owned Oil Company
Location : Abu Dhabi
Type : Contract Hire - On Yearly Renewable Basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences (Geology)/Geophysics.
- Minimum 12- 15 years of technical experience as seismic interpreter.
- At least 5 years of development projects in Oil and Gas Sector.
- Recent experience in managing an operations geological team on a major project in the Middle East.
- Up-to-date – hands on expert level experience in Landmark Seisworks, Petrel or similarly agreed geophysical interpretation software. Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with seismic attribute analysis and /or rock physics.
- Decision-making and prioritizing abilities.
- Analytical & Creative Bent of Mind.
- Proficient in English.