|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Requisition Number 17-0012 Title Geophysicist - Senior Staff Job Family Geosciences City Houston State TX Description EP Energy is looking for a Senior Staff Geophysicist in the Wolfcamp Asset in the Permian Basin Business Division. This position will report to the Wolfcamp Business Area Managers. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Technical and economic analysis of field development plans for the Wolfcamp asset, operational geology including well plan development and geosteering, field development and evaluation of unconventional plays / reservoirs utilizing acquisition and basin analysis skill sets.
- The candidate will work in a collaborative team environment consisting of Geologists, Reservoir Engineers, Landmen, Operations Engineers and Regulatory personnel.
- The individual will be expected to handle all aspects of designated projects, set realistic goals and have information and recommendations made within specified timeframes.
- The candidate will be required to present projects and recommendations to executive management and work closely with other technical teams to implement projects while also demonstrating a working knowledge of broader business issues.
- Bachlor's degree in Geophysics, Physics or Geology required. If you have a Bachlor's degree in Geology, a Masters is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry E&P related experience required.
- Proven skills in seismic interpretation, seismic attribute analysis, well log correlation, subsurface mapping, and rock physics are required.
- Permian Basin or onshore US Resource play experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in Petrel; with other interpretation software considered.
- The candidate must be flexible, adaptable, and responsive to shifts in priorities.
- Candidate must have geosteering experience.
- Candidate will be required to effectively interact and frequently consult with colleagues and peers in other departments while at times seeking relevant, differing points of view and work with others to achieve best results for the organization.
- Evaluate and prioritize workover, recompletion and new drill inventory.
- Team with others to perform in inter-disciplinary integrated field studies.
- Exhibit the ability to design and implement a field development plan.
Our core competencies specifically identify the skills, knowledge, and abilities required for success for every level of employee on Team EP Energy:
- Problem Solving