|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Continental is seeking a senior level Geophysicist with a proven track record of prospect generation and development in both conventional and unconventional resource plays. This position will be responsible for the expansion and development of existing plays as well as the generation of new oil and gas prospects. Qualified candidates must be able to work in a multi-disciplined team environment to evaluate new concepts as well as develop existing projects in a highly active drilling program.
- Ability to rapidly integrate and interpret multiple geologic, petrophysical, and geophysical parameters into a concise earth model.
- Utilize surface and subsurface geotechnical data to generate geologic models through seismic interpretation, Quantitative Interpretation (QI), log correlation, cross-section construction, stratigraphic analysis, basic petrophysical analysis, and advanced mapping techniques.
- Expand interpretations in existing plays as well as generate new resource play concepts.
- Design and manage 2D and 3D Seismic acquisition.
- Direct and manage 2D and 3D time and Seismic depth processing.
- A good understanding of Microseismic technology.
- Effectively utilize advanced geotechnical software tools in the interpretation process
- Convey technical findings through oral presentations and written reports to both upper management as well as peer review presentations
- Advise operations geologists as needed with geologic analysis of drilling wells
- Evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Mentor less experienced Geoscientists
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Work in collaborative multi-disciplined environment incorporating a wide variety of data from various sources to develop a team driven interpretation.
- A good understanding of Wavefield propagation, Digital Signal Processing and Sample Theory.
- A good understanding of Rock Physics and Rock Mechanics.
- A good understanding of Structural and Stratigraphic Geology.
- Proficient computer skills
- Must excel in many geoscience technologies and software platforms.
- Proven team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College in Geology, Geophysics, Physics or Mathematics
- At least 8 years of experience with an active exploration and production company, exploring for and developing oil and gas assets
- Experience in a variety of unconventional resource plays.
- Experience in the generation and/or development of unconventional resource plays
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test.