|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
GEOPHYSICISTLocation: Houston, TX Education:
- Masters Degree Required in Geology or Geophysics.
- Minimum of 6 years of oil and gas industry experience in seismic processing and interpretation. Onshore Operations seismic interpretation preferred.
- Understanding of geophysical techniques including seismic acquisition, seismic processing, seismic attributes. Landmark interpretation software experience is required. Contouring software (Petra, Petrosys, DSG) experience is beneficial. Working knowledge in gravity and magnetics a plus.
- experience with Seismic interpretation and application of seismic imaging techniques to aid geologists in drilling wells in zone and to better predict subsurface dip, faults, fractures and potential areas of H2S
- Experience interacting with Field Development Teams for asset and corporate acquisitions.
- Experienced in presenting technical data to team members and leadership.
- This Geophysicist will be an essential member of the EFS Team, responsible for providing interpretation of seismic data that together with geologic data aids in drilling and maintaining wells in zone. Application of seismic imaging techniques can mitigate areas of risk (e.g. H2S, faults) that can directly affect well operations and production. On occasion, geophysical support for New Ventures’ evaluations and drilling would be required.