|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 14, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
· Evaluate and rank (based on risked reserve potential) oil and gas play potential for an assigned region.
· Generate pertinent maps and geophysical displays to illustrate prospect assessment, well location selection, and property development plans using geophysical interpretation software.
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team for well planning, economic evaluation, permitting, execution, and post-drill assessment for completion planning.
· Prepare geophysical support data and interpretations and risk/reserve analysis to accompany well AFEs.
· Coordinate and monitor/supervise operational geophysical duties which include conducting or directing the planning, budgeting, and quality control monitoring of 2D and 3D seismic acquisition and processing, VSP or other geophysical well seismic surveys, and microseismic fracture monitoring surveys.
· Assist with geosteering through integration of MWD/LWD data and seismic data.
· Undertake detailed reservoir characterization, including hydrocarbons in-place, that integrates rock, geochemical, petrophysical, and geophysical data to better evaluate and model complex mineralogic unconventional and poor quality conventional reservoir targets.
· Evaluate and recommend testing technologies and concepts (both new and established) which could improve well results.
· Monitor seismic activity, competitor seismic technology applications, and negotiate data trades to improve Range's operations and play evaluation.
· Mentor and coach junior geoscientists.
· New business evaluation and divestiture package preparation.
· Special projects as assigned.
Being courteous, cooperative, and helpful are conditions of employment with Range. Additionally, each item listed below is an essential function of this position.
· Regular and timely attendance
· Deal professionally and respectfully with coworkers, management and others
· Read, comprehend and follow applicable policies, procedures and directions
· Work with others as part of a team to ensure efficient operations and enhanced productivity
· Safeguard confidential information and disclose only to those in "need-to-know" positions
· Safeguard and enhance Range's assets and business interests
· Consistently perform all job duties at an acceptable level
Minimum Education: MS in Geophysics/Geology (strong math and physics background)
Minimum Experience: 12+ years
Oil & Gas Exp Required: Yes
Skills: Advances skills with geophysical software including Geographix/Petrel software, GES Seisvision, SMT, Geoquest, etc.; Advanced skills in seismic interpretation. Proficient in integrating seismic and subsurface data and reservoir characterization products such as inversion, AVO, etc.. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Equipment/Machinery: Geographix / Petrel/PETRA/SMT/Avo, Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions: Climate controlled working environment
Physical Requirements : Data Entry, Filing, Sitting, Typing, Vision, Writing
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Travel Requirements: 5%