|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
The Geophysicist is competent in basic techniques; receives training in more specialized approaches. Handles assignments of a moderate scope and under the direction of more senior Geophysicist. Provides technical and analytical support and assistance in exploration/exploitation evaluations of new or current unconventional and resource oriented plays.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the integrate subsurface data (seismic, magnetic, gravity, open hole, core, …) into regional and prospect-specific interpretations, including facies interpretation and geological controls on reservoir distribution
- Perform pre-drill analysis in support of operations
- Assist in identification, collection and integration of science program to support operations team
- Understand and interpret regional geophysical and geological models of petroleum systems
- Synthesize surface and subsurface geophysical data with log correlations to generate cross-section and maps
- Assist in the operation and exploration team’s efforts to identify, evaluate and implement plans and growth opportunities. Requires coordination with geoscience, drilling, reservoir and land professionals
- Generate gross sand, net sand, net pay, structure, gross isopach maps
- Interpret 2D and 3D seismic data; understand reprocessing of this data; understand shooting parameters behind the data; review quality of the data before purchase; understand loading data into software
- Participate in acreage evaluations
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities
- Other duties as assigned
Solid level of skill in Microsoft Office. Solid understanding and utilization of geological mapping software (Geographix, PETRA) and their interface with seismic interpretation software, and Geo-steering software. Solid understanding and utilization of geophysical software applications such as SeisVision, SeisWare, Kingdom Suite and/or similar interpretation software.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Command of fundamental geophysical principles; modeling, interpretation, data acquisition, data processing, data loading. General understanding of geological principles, techniques and theories. Good understanding of tight oil, shale plays and unconventional reservoirs. Ability to work with a mentor and think independently on prospect generation. Ability and desire to gain geo-steering experience. Demonstrates understanding of a single basin/resource play.
M.S. degree in Geology or Geophysics required
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Exploration/Exploitation Geophysics or Geology