|Date Posted||December 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Our client is a leading western energy company who have a strong presence in Asia. They operate internationally and have upstream and downstream business segments. Currently they are seeking a Geophysicist to join the team in Shenzhen on a permanent basis.
Holding a key technical role within the exploration team, you will be responsible for various geophysical activities required to support the exploration portfolio together with the identification and evaluation of new venture exploration opportunities.
• Masters or PhD in geoscience
• Professional Engineers License
• 10+ years in the oil and gas industry within a Geophysicist role
• International working experience preferred
• Seismic acquisition and processing experience
• Knowledge of synthetic seismogram generation and modeling
• Velocity modeling and depth conversion including anisotropy
• Experience with vertical seismic profile application for exploration and development wells
• Quantitative seismic interpretation and structural seismic interpretation
• Proven track record in prospect generation and mapping
• Candidates must be fluent in English
• Only Chinese nationals can be considered for this position
• Play and prospect generation
• Geophysical interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data
• Applying advanced 3D seismic interpretation techniques
• Developing and recommending well locations and evaluation programs
• Providing operations support for geophysical activities
If you have the relevant experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply using the links provided.