|Date Posted||August 31, 2017|
The Geophysics team at Canadian Natural is a highly technical and successful group that applies new technologies and software to interpret and process seismic data to identify areas of future potential. We help define exploration strategies and areas of focus of our oil and gas assets. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that projects meet the company’s economic criteria and development strategies to execute Canadian Natural’s defined growth strategy.
- Please note this is a 6 month temporary position
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Planning geophysical programs and seismic purchases to support land acquisition, prospect assessment and drilling activity
- Finding economic new reserves and play types
- Working closely and collaboratively with other disciplines in core area teams to provide integrated technical studies (geology, geophysical services, engineering) and identify prospective drilling locations, evaluate land sales and acquisition opportunities
- 7+ Years of related industry experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geophysics
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- 2D and 3D seismic interpretive experience in Western Canada
- Working on Seisware workstation with varying seismic vintages and data quality
- Software including, but not limited to
o Geo Modelling
o Geo Syn
o Hampson Russell
To see related Geology and Geophysics roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Geology-and-Geophysics